This will be your step by step guide to get you fully onboarded onto our team! If you have any questions or need any help please reach back out in our current group chat to discuss.
Step 1: Lets get you tagged up
Add the following to your profile :
-Team Flatout : @flatoutapparel
-Our Website Link : www.flatoutapp.com
To do this you will need to go to your IG Bio, Click "Edit Profile" and add the above details to "Website" and your "Bio" sections (See Example Below). If you already have your own business website linked in your profile consider possibly using LinkTree Or ContactInBio as an alternative to be able to have multiple links available. It's also a good way to be able to promote "link in bio" whenever you're mentioning our gear.
Add the following to your About Info :
- Brand Ambassador at Flatout Apparel Inc
(Mobile Instructions) To do this you will need to go to your profile on Facebook, click "Edit Public Details", click "edit" beside Details, then click "Add Work", type "Flatout Apparel Inc", Select us. Then Job Title put "Flatout Apparel Ambassador" - all other options can be default - and make sure its set to "public". Click Save and you're done.
(Desktop Instructions) To do this you will need to go to your profile on Facebook, click "Edit Details", then click "Add A Workplace", then click "Add A Workplace +", type our name "Flatout Apparel Inc", select us. Then for position put "Brand Ambassador" - all other options can be default - and make sure its set to "public". Click Save and you're done.
Add the following to your profile :
-Team Flatout or Team FA
-Our Website Link : www.flatoutapp.com
Because TikTok has limited characters you can use one of two options: you can put just "Team Flatout or Team FA" in your bio. To do this you will need to go to your TikTok Profile, click "Edit Profile" and then click "Bio". And for website links you need to have 1000 followers prior to being able to put one in. So feel free to skip this step if you do not have 1000+ followers yet. And if you do, please utilize our website link or a linktree substitute as detailed in prior setups.
Step 2: Setup your ambassador portal
Click this link to signup : http://bit.ly/flatoutsignup
Once we receive your registration info we will approve it on our end and assign you your new promo discount code (10% OFF for your customers)! After this is done, you will then be able to login with the credentials you set up.
After you login – please go to your account settings and fill out as much of the bio section as you can (name, address, facebook, Instagram, etc) and upload a picture. Select your payment option as “Accept Store Credit”.
Note: once an Ambassador hits Level 2+ Revenue ($5,000) we can then discuss paying out earned commissions via Paypal as opposed to store credit (Level 1). If you want to enter this information now, go for it, but it is not required at this time.
For a more visual setup I uploaded a video here on a quick breakdown of how it all works : Click Here
How your code works: Customers will utilize your discount code to generate 10% off their orders (this can be entered on the cart page or checkout page). Every use of your code you will earn you 5% commission and will be payable in either store credit or paypal payouts.
Important Notes for codes:
- Your discount codes are meant for customers and NOT your own orders. Please make sure when you are ordering your own personal item(s) you are not applying further discounts to your already automatic ones prior to checking out.
- Your Ambassador 30-50% discount is only for you & your spouse/household. (If your kids or partner would like to be suited up in Flatout - you can order through your personal user discount. All other friends and family can utilize your discount code created to support you.
- Your discount codes ARE NOT to be posted permanently on your BIOS or utilized on our main business pages (as this is neutral grounds for everyone). If you want to put them in your posts that is okay; be mindful of looking spammy if you are including it too often though. As a tip you can use them in stories (and include links to the website) or even better by simply using a call to action such as "Message me for a discount", "Link in BIO", "Comment below: I need this" etc. This way you can have a conversation with your customer, and also help with any questions they may have (relationships are everything - so this is where your customer service experiences can shine and help close deals).
Effective August 2022 we have modified our discount structure in a way that allows you to increase your discount percentage once you achieve certain levels of sales revenue. [detailed below]
Level 1: $0 - $4999 (30% OFF SITE WIDE)
Level 2: $5000- $14,999 (35% OFF SITE WIDE)
Level 3: $15,000 - $29,999 (40% OFF SITE WIDE)
Level 4: $30,000 - $49,999 (45% OFF SITE WIDE)
Level 5: $50,000+ (50% OFF SITE WIDE)
Notes for orders through our website:
- “Free Shipping” at checkout will only apply to Ambassador orders OVER $150, as we utilize the full margins in customers order to be able to compensate for having to pay for it. If your order is under $150 please add preferred shipping method.
From a business perspective - When you add it all up a customer gets 10% off their order, you get 5%, that's 15% off the top (even on sales items). Then you add a 3% Credit Card Fee (if used), or Afterpay options (0.30Cents + 4-6% Per Transaction), Paypal Fees etc and if orders go over $99 the customer can use "Free Shipping" (which can be anywhere from 10-30$ extra depending where they live) which erodes profits as well. So if you can ever "pickup" or "deliver" orders to your friends / family it is extremely helpful for the business and (again) helps with relationships!
Step 3: Introduction Post
You’re almost there!
We're now ready to invite you to our private "Team Flatout" Facebook Page! This is where most of our internal conversations will be posted such as - weekly updates, events, photoshoot opportunities, products/samples coming, sales/promotions, important updates, monthly internal contests, etc.
This is the part where you get to tell our little family all about you! We definitely recommend going all out on this post; some ideas can be to tell us what you do for work, hobbies/passions of yours, sports you may play, things you like to do, websites, social media accounts, how you found Flatout, etc - don't hold back; this is your time to shine! Post a picture of yourself too - this helps us all get to know you a bit more and know the face behind the social media!
After your introductory post we will also invite you to our IG chats - we have one for Content and one for Team updates. The 'Team Flatout IG' Chat will be where you see most of the important updates / new posts notifications (business only) and the 'Flatout Content Group' is more of a free for all, day to day chatter, sharing personal ideas / content / inspiration, etc.
Step 4: Tell The World!
We highly recommend making a post on your social media accounts telling people about your new venture!
This will do a few things for you :
1) Make people aware of your new ambassadorship
2) Instantly helps you promote your new discount code for sales
3) Builds credibility and shows people you're committed
The easiest way to any kind of purchase or sale is by people "trusting" you. People want to know you're invested and in it for the long haul! My biggest word of advice is to put your own spin on things; people want the authentic you! Not a copied and pasted version. So have fun with branding yourself! Remember you weren't born to be basic, you we're born to be 'Flatout'!
One more thing before you’re all set up! Please read & sign below.